In the vein of Me First and the Gimme Gimmes , but not quite, Vagrant Records released a compilation of 80s cover songs by famous punk bands. The songs on the first disc, overall, are more interestingly covered than the usual Me First and the Gimme Gimmes covers, due to the fact that several bands with very different styles are present on the compilation. I'd have to say that my favorite cover on the album is definately track 11; it manages to give the song an extra kick without completely killing it (that and I hate Rod Stewart). Most of the songs on the album are successfully covered, in my opinion, with the exception of track 12 which was good enough on its own and track 7 which is a bit too poppy for my taste. I haven't purchased the second disc as of yet. I'd really suggest the first disc in the series for anyone who is a fan of 80s music, and not even necessarily punk. The songs are covered in such a way that its just a harder version of it, it doesn't involve any oi oi screaming thrashy aspects that turn some people off from the punk genre entirely.

Disc 1:
Original Release Date: May 27, 1997
Label: Vagrant Records

Disc 2:
Original Release Date: August 24, 1999
Label: Vagrant Records

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.