An amazing orchestral-pop band. Their first release was an EP called Cattle Drive In A Snowstorm. At the moment, the band was the core duo of Miles Kurosky and Bill Swan. Anne Mellinger signed on to record their fine debut, Handsome Western States. In 1999, they regrouped, and recorded the unearthly When Your Heartstrings Break with the help of about a thousand session players and Steve LaFolette, Ana Pitchon, Bill Evans, Steve St. Cin, and Pat Noel. Start with Heartstrings... and move on to the rest of their work.

Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the Lord delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married. - Isaiah 62:4
In the Torah and Old Testament, Beulah is the land of Israel. A blessed place. "Thy land shall be married" is taken to mean that the land will be favoured in the eyes of God.

Also, Merriam-Webster had this entry for Beulah:
  An idyllic land near the end of life's journey - Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress.

In Hebrew, Beulah means 'married.' John Bunyan uses this theme for his town of Beulah in Pilgrim's Progress (thanks to Tiefling for that bit)

an excerpt from Pilgrim's Progress:
"Now I saw in my dream, that, by this time, the pilgrims were got over the Enchanted Ground, and entering in the country of Beulah, whose air was very sweet and pleasant; the way lying directly through it, they solaced themselves there for a season. Yea, here they heard continually the singing of birds and saw every day the flowers appear in the earth, and heard the voice of the turtle in the land."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.