A clothing company with over 200 retail locations in the United States, as well as a mail order catalog and, of course, online sales. How they were conceived, as taken from their official website:

Big Dog Sportswear was conceived in 1983 by friends during a weekend river-rafting expedition. Before the adventurous group made its way down the choppy white waters, each was presented with a pair of oversized, vividly colored shorts. Everyone loved the shorts and one enthusiastic member exclaimed, "Man, these puppies are BIG!" Thus, the phrase that became the inspiration for the legendary BIG DOG name and logo was born.


The problem is their T-shirts are the lamest things I have ever set my eyes on. Some examples:


A Spiderman movie parody, with a picture of Spiderman pulling off his mask, and there being a dog underneath. The shirt says, "Spider Dog. Secret Identity: Peter BARKer."

An Attack of the Clones parody, showing the cast as dogs. The title is shown as "Dog Wars: Attack of the Bones", and the cast members are called Dogi-Won Kenobi, Anakin Skywagger, Padme Amidogie, and Jango Fetib.

An Austin Powers parody, showing Powers as a dog. The movie is titled "Austin BowWOWers in Bonemember," and has the quote "I put the "GRRRRR" in Everything!" at the top.


I could go on, but I think you get the idea. Every time I see somebody wearing one of these shirts I have the urge to smack them upside the head with my Baseball Bat of Good Taste.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.