"Back to school. Back to school, to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool. I got my lunch packed up, my boots tied tight, I hope I don't get in a fight. Ohhhh, back to school..."

-Adam Sandler as Billy Madison in Billy Madison (1995)

Billy Madison is the son of the wealthy, successful hotel chain owner Brian Madison. All his life Billy has had nothing to worry about, his ever need was taken care of. He was popular in school, and never had to worry about his grades, as his father would make sure he passed. However, Billy's father feels that it's time he retired, and leaves someone else in charge. The logical choice would be Billy, but due to his utter lack of initiative and know how, Brian elects to leave the company to Eric, one of Brian's advisors. In a last ditch attempt to make his father reconsider, Billy offers to go through school again, grades first through twelfth, each for a period of two weeks. Can Billy make the transition from booze, nudie magazines, and Nintendo to school, textbooks and tests?

While Billy Madison is not generally associated with classic cinema, any Adam Sandler fan will tell you that this film is a comedic masterpiece. Written by Sandler, many of the most memorable lines are delivered with Sandler's special, innocent charm. Personally, this is my favorite Sandler comedy, the perfect combination of a laughable, yet semi-believable story, and sidesplitting dialogue. I recommend it to any fan of Sandler, or the golden age of mid-nineties comedy.

(Some) Memorable Quotes: Brian: You remember that spelling bee you won in the first grade? Rock: r-o-k? Billy: Yeah, so? Brian: r-o-C-k! Billy: Oh, the "c" is silent. Frank: Who would you rather bone, Meg Ryan or Jack Nicholson? Billy: Jack Nicholson now, or 1974? Frank: 1974. Billy: Meg Ryan. Billy: (holding a bottle of shampoo) Shampoo is better. I go on first and clean the hair. (holding a bottle of conditioner) Conditioner is better. I leave the hair silky and smooth. Oh, really, fool? Really. (the two bottles fight) (Billy notices gold swan/faucet on edge of tub) Billy: Stop looking at me, swan. Billy: Whoa whoa whoa, Miss Lippy. The part of the story I don't like is that the little boy gave up looking for Happy after an hour. He didn't put posters up or anything, he just sat on the porch like a goon and waited. That little boy's gotta think: "You got a pet. You got a responsibility." If your dog is lost you don't look for an hour then call it quits. You get your ass out there and you find that fucking dog. Kid: Mortal Kombat for the SEGA Genesis is the best game ever. Billy: I disagree, although Mortal Kombat is a good game. My favorite game is Donkey Kong. Kid: Donkey Kong sucks. Billy: You know something? YOU SUCK.

Cast: Adam Sandler - Billy Madison Darren McGavin - Brian Madison Bridgette Wilson - Veronica Vaughn Bradley Whitford - Eric Gordon Josh Mostel - Principal Max Anderson Norm Macdonald - Frank Mark Beltzman - Jack Larry Hankin - Carl Alphonse Theresa Merritt - Juanita Chris Farley - Bus Driver Steve Buscemi - Danny McGrath

Sources: www.imdb.com Watching the movie countless times

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.