Over the years I have cooked plenty of biscuits from various recipes, some tasty, some not even remotely tasty. This however is the most delicious (and vegan!) recipe ever. They have a buttery soft taste to them, even though they contain no margarine or butter at all. Yum yum yum yum yum yum yum. Lets get down to the kitchen part now.

(originally from the antioch vegan cookbook, with my own directions) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees farenheit. Mix all the dry stuff together in a large bowl, do a real good job of it too. Now add the wet things and mix even more thoroughly than before. Take the dough out of the bowl and knead it on the counter. Now roll it out to about an inch and a half thick, we are making nice big biscuits. Use a glass upside down to stamp them out, and repeat this process until you have used up all the dough. Lightly grease up a cookie sheet and cook them in the oven until they are lightly browned on top (about 12 minutes). They are best to eat when still warm. Cut them in half and spread margarine, honey, jam, peanut butter, or whatever you fancy. Enjoy the vegan goodness.

This will yeild 4 large delicious and filling biscuits, plus a small wierd misshapen one (give this one extra love).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.