Featuring popcorn and other goodies, this is dead easy and deadly good. You can make it with pop-in-a-kettle corn if you wish, but if you are in a hurry and your favorite program is coming on in about 10 minutes, go the microwave route.

WHAT YOU NEED:

  • One snack-size package (1.5 oz.) of fat-free microwave popcorn. The “Sweet & Salty" version is good for this recipe.
  • Half a cup of the largest, blackest raisins you can find.
  • Half a cup of pine nuts.
  • One cup of miniature marshmallows.
  • Two tablespoons of butter (or margarine).
  • Half a cup of white sugar.

WHAT YOU DO

  • Run the popcorn through the microwave, following package directions.
  • Dump the popcorn into a buttered large flat baking pan with 2” to 3” sides. Remove all unpopped kernels and any burnt pieces.
  • Add the raisins and nuts and mix well.
  • Put the marshmallows, butter and sugar in a microwave-safe container and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute, stir, and continue on HIGH for another minute (or until melted and smooth).
  • Pour the melted mixture over the popcorn mixture and toss-and-turn until evenly coated.
  • (Fancy version) : Using two spoons, deposit little mounds on a large serving plate. Chill in the fridge until firm. Eat as finger food.

O R

  • (Easy version) : Press mixture evenly over bottom of pan, draw a heavily-lined grid pattern in this with the handle of a large spoon, chill in the freezer section for no more than 3 minutes. Remove with a spatula. Will soften at room temperature.

Enjoy the show!


Recipes from P to T (that’s for Popcorn)
Snack Recipes

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.