Last night I fell in love. We met at a quiet bar at Laclede's Landing. One look and I felt my heart leap with joy. She shasayed up to my table in a cute little server's outfit which was a little too tight. Her shirt was tied against her stomach, hinting at the gorgeous flat abs that lay underneath. She smiled and set down my drink, flipped her hair and charged me $9. I was happy to pay.

Once that stupid little tramp left, we were alone at last. Me and my frozen blue agave margarita. It was in a giant fishbowl of a glass, lined with sweetened salt and a perfectly round lime garnish. I put the straw to my lips and slowly drew in the best margarita I've ever had.

The blue agave is, by nature, a sweeter margarita. It's very delicate and requires just the right amount of swirling or blending. Too much and it foams up; too little and it loses its flavor. This one was made to perfection. By the time I'd finished, I felt like I could conquer the world. Our evening was brief--only an hour long--but I can't wait to do it again.


To make your own blue agave margarita, you'd need:

1.5-2 oz 100% Agave Tequila--NOT the cheap kind
1-1.5 oz Blue Curacao
1.5 oz Lime juice
Sea salt or kosher rock salt, mixed lightly with sugar
lime wedges or garnish

Serve frozen or on the rocks.
**I've heard people suggest that it's better served on the rocks. In my estimation, adding a little extra curacao and tequila makes it a great frozen drink, as well.**

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.