You remember David Cassidy; Keith Partridge, The Partridge Family. The Jackson Five, and maybe you remember Donny Osmond.

But if you're a true pop culture connoisseur, or just an old-timer like me, then you certainly remember Bobby Sherman.

Robert Cabot Sherman, Jr. was born on July 22, 1943, in Van Nuys, CA. In 1961, he graduated from Birmingham High School in Van Nuys, where he discovered his talent for singing.

After high school, Sherman began attending college in Woodland Hills, CA. He also began a rather stormy relationship with Sal Mineo.

But before the clouds rolled in, Mineo arranged for Bobby to sing at a party Mineo was hosting. In attendance were the usual hanger-ons, some Hollywood Who's Who, and a few talent agents. Thus, Bobby Sherman was discovered.

Dinosaurs like myself remember Bobby Sherman from "Here Come the Brides", an hour-long comedy-drama set in the gold rush days. Sherman played the shy, good-looking-as-all-get-out Jeremy Bolt, and sang the show's opening theme, “Seattle.”

Between 1962 and 1976, Bobby Sherman recorded 107 songs, released 23 singles and ten albums. The hits included songs like “Julie Do Ya Love Me”, “Little Woman” and “Easy Come, Easy Go.”

Bobby also appeared on an episode of "The Monkees", as a surfer named Frankie Catalina. It was an unlikeable character, and an obvious dig at Frankie Avalon. In this episode Bobby sings, “The New Girl In School”,  which was the B-side of Jan and Dean's "Dead Man's Curve".

After 1976, Bobby Sherman retired from the music business, only giving occasional performances. Twice wed and twice divorced, Sherman worked for a while as a paramedic and later, as a police officer.

No word yet on what he's been up to lately, but I have to confess, being frisked by Officer Sherman wouldn't be the worst experience I've ever had.

I'll keep you posted.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.