Now these are thoroughly disturbing. They are a line of plastic nipple, I guess the word would be emulators, made by a company of the same name. Ladies, I didn't realize that constant erect nipples were something desirable. If these are desirable to you, well, why not just go natural? It seems that if you want to get a guy to notice you (as is suggested by the tagline of the company) wouldn't they be perky without help? Am I missing something? Is there such a thing as nipple impotence?

Something I should point out. These are not breast augmentors (crude: falsies), they are just the nipples. Yeah. So not only do you have constantly erect nipples, you have a large ring where the base meets the flesh.

By golly, someone's finally invented it. It's the latest in fashion accesories and what it is are pieces of rubber that look like erect nipples that women can wear under their clothes to give the appearance that their nipples are erect all the time.

Made by a company called BodyPerks, the idea sprung when the two of the founders of the company used mini-shampoo bottle caps in their blouses on a "girls" night out on the Strip in Las Vegas one day and found that they were getting a lot of attention ...

Supposedly selling quite well too, over 4000 sold since July at $20 a pair ...


I see this as part of the complex that women seem to have in their quest to become more attractive. Interesting, how women want to fake the same signs their bodies would naturally make if they were attracted to someone. Painting a little red on their cheeks, lipstick, belladonna in their eyes (ok, that's a little out of fashion but large pupils aren't), push-up bras and now this ...

Hmm... I wonder what they'll think of next?


It's true. See http://www.foxnews.com/etcetera/fashion_file/121500_nips.sml

Bodyperks were featured today in the Washington Post. It must be a slow news week as they have obviously been around some time since they were written about here in Sept of 2000.

They are a silicone nipple areolar complex, not jut a fake nipple. They need to be worn inside a bra or a tight shirt in order to stay in place. Apparently "nipples are in", thanks Jennifer.

Flaccid nipples that can't erect do exist. They may be simply totally flat or they simply be "short". Nipples may also not stand out because they are inverted. Surgical correction is possible for inverted nipples but may cut through ducts, reducing the chances of successful breastfeeding in the future. Another technique exists to enhance the growth of a short nipple or to pull out an inverted nipple. It is called a "nipplette" and it uses the tried and true plastic surgery principle of slow and constant stretching in order to cause growth. Devices called nipple shields also exist that are held over the nipple/areolar complex during breastfeeding to make the shape of the nipple more obvious to the infant. If used the "fix" can cause its own set of problems and is best used with the support of a lactation consultant. Almost any mother can breastfeed with flat or short nipples with minimal difficulties without using a shield. One just needs to learn the correct way to present the breast to the baby for that circumstance. Inverted nipples present more of a challenge but it is usually still possible to breastfeed successfully with them. In addition to the above devices and techniques mothers with inverted nipples may employ other techniques and devices to pull her nipple out (gently) prior to breastfeeding. The Nipple Evert-It, the Pigeon Nipple Puller and various breastpumps as well as jerry-rigged inverted syringes may be used for this purpose.

Breastfeeding women are isolated and harassed for nursing in public somewhat frequently in the US. Bodyperks point up our scizoid attitude about breasts. There is a web page with American and European sections. The European section of the website being much more demonstrative of the actual product in use. I guess it is all just a bit too much for Americans...

Lions, and Tigers and nipples, oh my...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.