Plain chicken, and it tastes very, very good. Chicken is eaten much more than beef in Asian countries, due to the use of cattle for farming instead of consumption in the past. It has been changing, but chicken is still much more popular. That explains the popularity of KFC over McDonald's in China.

Chicken tends to be fried in America, but there are much better ways to serve it (although fried chicken isn't bad either). Boiled chicken is a specialty of Hong Kong, and can be obtained in almost any restaurant. Usually a lunch dish, served with tea and rice. I usually eat a whole chicken in this manner, because it is so good. It is a healthy, low-fat alternative to oily fried chicken.

Ingredients

Cooking
  1. Fill a big pot with enough water to cover the entire chicken. Bring it to a boil, then add the salt, sherry and oil.
  2. Toss in the chicken and make sure it is submerged. Bring the water to a boil again, cover the pot, and let it simmer for 20-30 minutes.
  3. Turn off the heat, then let it sit with the cover on for about 30 minutes. Remove it and let it cool.
  4. Once it is cold, cut it up and serve with the sauce.
How to make the sauce

Mix 6 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 sliced gingers, and 1 shredded scallion. Heat up one tablespoon of oil until it smokes, then pour it over the mixture. Let it cool.

Once the sauce is made, serve it up with the chicken. This is a cold dish. Use plenty of the gingery sauce with the chicken, as it greatly enhances the taste. Drink some fragrant Chinese tea with it. This dish makes a good lunch.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.