One of the NHL's Original Six, the Boston Bruins play hockey in the Atlantic Division and Eastern Conference (formerly the Adams and Wales, before the American bastardization of the sport). Famous Bruins include Eddie Shore, John Bucyk, Bobby Orr, Terry Sawchuk, Gerry Cheevers, Phil Esposito, Ray Bourque, and Cam Neely. In total, 39 Bruins are enshrined in hockey's Hall Of Fame, a number second only to the Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs. They have won a total of five of Lord Stanley's cups, in 1929, 1939, 1941, 1970, 1972.

Until the opening of the FleetCenter, the Bruins played in historic Boston Garden, home to the Boston Celtics.

Orange Julius did a great job, so all I can add is this:

The Bruins were the first US based professional team in the National Hockey League, joining in 1924. The Bruins won the Presidents' Trophy for the 1989-90 season.

Arch-enemies: the Montreal Canadiens, who have broken the hearts of Bruins fans many times on the way to the playoffs. Most famously was Don Cherry's coaching blunder late in game 7 of a series. He sent too many men on the ice while the Bruins were leading by a goal. The Habs tied the game on the power play resulting from the penalty, and went on to win the game and eliminate the Bruins.

Team colours: Black, brown, gold and white.

Retired Numbers:

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.