Boxman was an Internet music store, based in Sweden.

In the early 2000, it was constantly plagued by slow deliveries. I ordered one CD from them during this period, and waited for it for 2 months. And people called me lucky for getting it so early =)

It went bankrupt in October 11, 2000. The reason? Mostly the incompetence of The Management - if they had known more of the e-business, and actually delivered all the CDs people ordered, they would not have gotten to the sad state.

(Factoids collected from Usenet discussions in sfnet)

Lesson to be learned from Boxman:

There is no business without happy customers.

I know maybe 15 to 20 people who used Boxman to order CDs from the web. Out of these, two (2) were happy. They received their order in time, and they got everything that they had ordered. Everyone else had something to complain; orders took way too long, all the CDs that had been ordered never got to the customer, CD cases were broken, etc.

Just based on this, it was obvious Boxman would go bankrupt sooner or later, it was just a matter of time. And I am sure they recived many angry customer complaints, they just didn't take the required actions to make things better.

Rest in Peace, Boxman, I won't miss you.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.