The manufacturers of the Raleigh brand of cigarettes, as well as a handful of others. Raleighs killed my Aunt Esther. Winstons, Marlboros and Marlboro Lights are killing my dad. Dunhills and Rothmans are killing me.

Brown & Williamson Tobacco Corporation, headquartered in Louisville, KY, markets tobacco products both in the U.S and around the world. Its manufacturing facilities are located in Macon, GA. They employ ~5000 people and have a U.S. market share of 11.2% -- making B&W America's third largest manufacturer of cigarettes. B&W is now a U.S. subsidiary of London-based British American Tobacco p.l.c. They are one of the members of Big Tobacco that signed the Master Settlement Agreement to settle all the states' lawsuits with the various companies.

B&W traces its roots to 1893 when George T. Brown and Robert L. Williamson -- both sons of wealthy tobacco families -- formed a partnership to manufacture cigarettes. In 1906 the Brown & Williamson Tobacco Company was incorporated. Then in 1927 the British American Tobacco Company purchased B&W so they could get their foot in the door of America's growing tobacco market.

B&W's top two most notable brands are GPC and Kool. GPC is an economy or "generic" brand and Kool is a menthol brand

Brown and Williamson brands:

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.