Buffalo Rock is a flavorful soft drink, available locally in the Birmingham area and surrounding parts of central Alabama. It's ginger ale with a bite to it (similar to Old Tyme Ginger Beer or Blenheim's Ginger Ale) that takes a little getting used to.

The can is copper-colored, with the words "Original Buffalo Rock Since 1901" in red letters on the front. Next to the nutrition facts on the back, there is a window titled "The Buffalo Rock Story" with a little silhouette of a buffalo standing on a rock at the bottom.

The Buffalo Rock Story (From the side of the can):

Buffalo Rock Golden Ginger Ale had its beginnings on the battlefields of the Civil War, when the healthful properties of ginger were used as a tonic for war-weary soldiers. Such was the popularity of the drink by the turn of the century, that the Buffalo Rock Company was launched in 1901. Real ginger flavoring is still used in the caffeine-free formula which has remained largely unchanged for more than a century. Refrishingly tangy when served by itself, Buffalo Rock also makes a delicious float when poured over ice cream. Enjoy this unique, traditional beverage!

It's an acquired taste.

Ingredients: carbonated water, sugar and/or corn sweetener, citric acid, sodium benzoate (as a preservative) natural flavor and caramel color (caffiene free)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.