I can't believe after the number of years that Everything has been around that SOMEBODY hasn't mentioned Bunnicula.

There were several books, probably most apt for an 8 year old or so, that centered around the lives of a family, their dog, and their pet rabbit. Their pet rabbit was actually a vampire and spent most of his evenings sucking all the color and juice out of the vegetables, leaving behind no trace of his intrusion other than two small holes. He was ... (insert dramatic music here) BUNNICULA!

Anyhow, they were some of my favorite reads when I was a tyke.


A suggestion to prove the existence of Bunnicula. The origin of Cauliflower..! See? Look at the equation below..
Equation:
Broccoli + Bunnicula = Cauliflower

There you have it.. UNDENIABLE PROOF that vampire rabbits exist!

The books were written by Deborah and James Howe, and there were around 5 books, including: Major characters include Chester, the family cat, and Harold, the family dog. I'm not positive but I suspect the authors are English or originally from the UK. The interactions between Chester and Harold are what really keeps the story going...the existence of Bunnicula is more of a premise for writing about it.

Yes, I've read them all, several times, yes, they get annoying and repetitive after the first two, and yes, I adored bunnicula when I was in early grade school. The concept of a cute white bunny sneaking out at night to suck the juice out of innocent vegetables was pretty silly to me, all the more so when I thought about it and realized that vegetables were vegetables, not people, so who cares if the rabbit drains them of juice? I like carrot juice myself.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.