A 1,200 meter high mountain situated south of Garibaldi Provincial Park and west of Pitt Lake in the north end of Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada. Part of the Pinecone Burke Provincial Park, the Burke Mountain area has many hiking trails, mountain bike trails, fishing lakes, rock climbing, and camping areas. During the winter there is also the opportunity for snowmobiling and snowshoeing. There are no facilities in the park and the terrain is quite rugged. Two lakes are within easy hiking distance of roads: Munro Lake and Dennett Lake. Minnekhada Regional Park can be found at the foot of the mountain, for those not up to the vertical climb of Burke.

Burke Mountain can be accessed from the west by using the old logging roads and trails in Port Coquitlam by the District Hunting and Fishing Club at the end of Harper Road (off of Coast Meridian), or from the east by following Quarry Road to the Munro Lake trailhead. The northeast side of the mountain can be reached by boat from the north end of Pitt Lake. There is also a trail all the way to Squamish to the northwest through the Pinecone Burke Provincial Park.

The area is home to grizzly bears and black bears, all five species of Pacific salmon, black-tailed deer, mountain goats, and many species of birds.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.