The most foul of the Jelly Belly bean flavors. It takes almost, but not entirely, completely unlike actual buttered popcorn. It can be distinguished from its other less than appetizing brother, the Toasted Marshmallow bean, by the color of the speckles. Toasted Marshmallow beans have brown speckles, while Buttered Popcorn beans have yellow spots.

Produced by Jelly Belly, the gourmet jelly bean manufacturer.

INGREDIENTS:
Sugar, Corn Syrup, Modified Food Starch. Contains 2% or less of the following: Natural and Artificial Flavor, Color Added, Yellow 5, Salt, Beeswax, Carnauba Wax, Confectioner's Glaze.
Manufactured in a plant that processes peanuts.

The buttered popcorn jelly bean is white, speckled with a bright yellow color. Its initial flavor is in fact very similar to buttered popcorn -- salty, buttery, with a slight corn flavor. However, being a jelly bean, it is much sweeter than popcorn.

Many people are shocked, amused, or incredulous when they discover that such a bizarrely flavored jelly bean actually exists. Many people are afraid to try it, and of those who do, many don't like them at all.

I myself like them, although I couldn't eat more than a small handful at one time (unlike the real thing). I have found that most people who do like the buttered popcorn flavor like it a lot -- in fact, many of them cite it as their favorite jelly bean. From Jelly Belly's own promotional material:

Surprising popcorn flavor just like you get at the movies. Leave it to the candy makers at Jelly Belly to get a flavor like that into a jelly bean. You either love it or hate it. And those who LOVE it have made it the number one most popular flavor of all. Even Orville was a fan.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.