From the CIA World Fact Book as of 2000 ( http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/indexgeo.html ), The Inferno by Dante Alighieri, The Holy Bible, Every heavy metal album ever released played backwards.

Background: According to the written tradition of the Christian religion, "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth". Political strife within the Kingdom of Heaven lead to the expulsion of those opposed to the traditional theocratic rule of King God I, and the exiled "Fallen" went on to establish the autonomous area known as Hell. In a constant state of conflict with their former homeland, Hellites (alternatively Hellions), have turned their political machinations on other geopolitical states, and are listed as a Rogue Nation. Hell has been repeatedly denied UN representation due to untried crimes against humanity, harboring of known war criminals, and human rights violations that are continually dismissed as punishing the wicked for their earthly sins. Hell is also isolated internationally by a steadfast xenophobic government, which has given rise to groups of "Hell deniers" who question the very existence of the area.


Location: Geographic center of the Earth

Geographic coordinates: 0 N, 0 E, beneath the burning gaze of God.

Map references: Oceania, Marianas Trench

Area:
total: 666 sq km
land: 666 sq km, excluding lakes of fire and brimstone.
water: 0 sq km

Area - comparative: slightly more than 4 times the size of Washington, DC

Land boundaries: 0 km

Coastline: 0 km

Spiritual boundaries: Very few live souls have escaped Hell (See Theseus)

Maritime claims:
continental shelf: 200-m depth or to the depth of human evil.
exclusive fishing zone: worldwide, with restrictions for size and wickedness. Limited markets exclude soul-taking in non-human species.
extended fishing zone: Wherever the hearts of men may go.
territorial sea: 666 nm (coasts impassable except by small ferry craft, contracted to Charon exclusively)

Climate: hot and arid, occasional complete freezings.

Terrain: varying geologically from the high, grisly piles of tormented souls, geologically active caverns of lava, fire and burning pitch, seas of bile, hate and fields of unending ice, blood, sin, and torment with a cosmological infinite number of variations. Nine notable circular elevation changes have lead to a districting socio-economic government, presided over in accordance with feudal law. Several large cities serve as the hubs of Hell's "service industries", with Dis encircling the exact geographic center.

Elevation extremes:
lowest point: The Ninth Circle, the blackest pit of all sin.
highest point: The Vestible, home of the Gates of Hell, first of the Nine circles.

Natural resources: tortured souls, primary exporter of the Seven Deadly Sins (Pride, Covetousness, Wrath, Envy, Gluttony, Sloth and Lechery), unrefined evil

Land use:
arable land: NA%
permanent crops: Wormwood and thorns, blighted weeds and nightmares
permanent pastures: NA%
forests and woodland: Limited, excluding "Wood of the Suicides National Park".
other: Most of the area of Hell is devoted to either soul processing or refinement.

Irrigated land: NA sq km

Natural hazards: Demons (January to December), Fire (Now till Eternity), Damnation (Death until Judgment Day), Cerebus

Environment - current issues: inadequate facilities for disposal of solid waste; inadequate facilities for disposal of liquid waste threats; inadequate facilities for disposal of gaseous waste; inadequate facilities for disposal of spiritual waste; illegal fishing, hunting, and existing practices, horrors that cannot be comprehended by the minds of men, overpopulation, and extreme pollution.

Environment - international agreements:
party to: None, and actively working against said agreements.
signed, but not ratified: soul contracts with heavily polluting corporate CEOs.

Geography - note: Geographic center of the Planet Earth, Nine Circles of Hell, Gates of Hell, Rivers Acheron, Cocytus, Phlegethon, Lethe and Styx, the pool of Cocytus, and various terrible things that cannot exist.

Population: 6,394,999,293,384 (July 2000 est.)

Age structure:
0-14 years: 20% (male 51%; female 49%)
15-64 years: 45% (male 60%; female 40%)
65 years and over: 35% (male 42% female 58%) (2000 est.)

Population growth rate: 23.75% (2000 est.)

Birth rate: 0 births/1,000 population (2000 est.)

Death rate: 0/1,000 population (2000 est.)

Net migration rate: 0 migrant(s)/1,000 population (2000 est.) (excluding horrors, ghosts and poltergeists)

Sex ratio:
at birth (or immigration): 1.06 male(s)/female*
under 15 years: 1.06 male(s)/female
15-64 years: 1.21 male(s)/female
65 years and over: 0.89 male(s)/female
total population: 1.15 male(s)/female (2000 est.)

Infant mortality rate: 0 deaths/1,000 live births (2000 est.) *

Life expectancy at birth: *
total population: eternal
male:eternal
female: eternal (2000 est.)

Total fertility rate: 0 children born/woman (2000 est.)

* Note: Hell is famous for its immigration policies and its strict zero population growth stance. No births have been recorded in Hell for the sum total of human history.

Nationality:
noun: Hellish or Damned
adjective: Hellborne

Ethnic groups: Demons, Devils and various other Nightmarish creatures that would lay bare the tiny minds of living men are Mythological and Religious admixtures

Religions: Christians (Catholics, Seventh-Day Adventists, Jehovah's Witnesses, the Assembly of God, the Liebenzell Mission, and Latter-Day Saints, and most other sects), Jews, Muslims, Pagans, unbelievers, the unbaptised, and the sinful.

Languages: Demonic, Devilish, English, 14th century Florentine, Screaming, the forbidden tongues of the Old Ones, Cthulhuese, blasphemous screaming, heretical screaming, and the guttural howls of the damned.

Literacy:
definition: age 15 and over can read and write the shifting marmalade of the twisted minds of madmen.
total population: 0.001%
male: 0%
female: 0%
demonic: 92% (1980 est.)

Country name:
conventional long form: The Kingdom of Hell
conventional short form: Hell, Heck, the Inferno, the Abyss
local long form: ARRRRRGHGHGHG!
local short form: IEEEE!
former: Hel (Norse), Tartarus (Greek), Sheol (Hebrew), Gehenna, Hades, Neflheim, Jahannam, Feng Du, numerous others

Data code: 666

Government type: Feudal autocracy in the form of a Kingdom

Capital: Dis

Administrative divisions: 9 states; Vestible or Limbo, The Carnal, The Gluttonous, the Greedy, The Wrathful, Heretics, The Violent, the Fraudulent, The Treacherous

Independence: The unknown date of the end of the War in Heaven

National holiday: No Holidays are observed in Hell.

Constitution: No Constitution has been ratified in Hell.

Legal system: based on whims of the Devil, and the beliefs of major religions worldwide.

Suffrage: universal
Suffering: universal

Executive branch:
chief of state: Prince of Darkness Lucifer, Satan, The Devil (since time immemorial) note - the president is both the chief of state and head of government
head of government: Prince of Darkness Lucifer, Satan, The Devil (since time immemorial) note - the president is both the chief of state and head of government
Cabinet: The Dukes and Princes of Hell
elections: no elections are held
election results: flaying and burning pokers

Legislative branch: The rule of Law is unknown in the Pit of Hell.
elections: No really, I wouldn't try it
election results: blades of ice and fire in the eyes

Judicial branch: No Justice is to be had.

Political parties and leaders: National Socialist, Zealotry of all flavors, creeds and colors, Communists, fascists... Every damn kind of politics is in there.

International organization participation: NAMBLA, NRA, KKK, Church of Satan, countless shadowy organisations worldwide.

Diplomatic representation in the US:
chief of mission: Ambassador Adoph Hitler
chancery: 1142 18th Street NW, Suite 666, Washington, DC 20036
telephone: (1] (976) 328-3825
FAX: (1] (976) 343-7448

Diplomatic representation from the US:
chief of mission: Ambassador Benedict Arnold (resident in Dis);
Charge d'Affaires: Richard Milhouse Nixon
embassy: address NA, Seventh Circle, The Violent
mailing address: N/A
telephone: N/A
FAX: umm. nope. not that either.

Flag description: a ring of blasphemous hellfire intersected by a flaming star, commonly referred to as a pentagram or "HOLY FUCK DID YOU SEE THAT?"

Economy - overview: The economy consists primarily of the creating devices and materials in support of infernal schemes and machinations. Residents of Hell live in subhuman conditions, with no agriculture to support their needs. The government is the only employer of the work force, relying heavily on financial assistance from the outside world. The population enjoys little or nothing. Long-run prospects for the tourist sector have been greatly bolstered by the expansion of agnostism and atheism around the world.

GDP: purchasing power parity - $160 million (1997 est.)
note: GDP numbers reflect US spending

GDP - real growth rate: 0% (1997 est.)

GDP - per capita: purchasing power parity - $0 (1997 est.)

GDP - composition by sector:
agriculture: NA%
industry: NA%
services: NA%

Population below poverty line: 100%

Household income or consumption by percentage share:
lowest 10%: NA%
highest 10%: NA%

Inflation rate (consumer prices): NA%

Labor force: NA
Slave Labor force: 100%

Labor force - by occupation: agriculture NA%, industry NA%, services NA%

Unemployment rate: 7%

Budget:
revenues: $52.9 million
expenditures: $59.9 million, including capital expenditures of $NA (1997 est.)

Industries: torture, horror, more torture, textile manufacturing, cursed items

Industrial production growth rate: NA%

Electricity - production: 200 million kWh (1996)

Electricity - production by source:
fossil fuel: 95%
hydro: 0%
nuclear: 0%
other: 5% (1996)

Electricity - consumption: 200 million kWh (1996) - in support of "torture"

Electricity - exports: 0 kWh (1996)

Electricity - imports: 0 kWh (1996)

Agriculture - products: blight, maggots, festering entrails

Exports: $14.3 trillion (f.o.b., 1996)

Exports - commodities: evil, refined evil, misery

Exports - partners: US, Japan

Imports: $72.4 trillion (f.o.b., 1996)

Imports - commodities: souls

Imports - partners: People's Republic of North Korea

Debt - external: about $100 septillion (1989)

Economic aid - recipient: $155.8 trillion (1995); note - the source of Hell's economic growth is the constant marketing and contracting for souls headed by the Infernal Government and its intimate contacts in all levels of the entertainment, political and corporate worlds.

Currency: 1 US Dollar (US$) = 30 pieces of silver

Exchange rates: US currency is used

Fiscal year: 31 October - 1 November

Telephones - main lines in use:0 (1988)

Telephones - mobile cellular: 1 (1988)

Telephone system:
domestic: NA
international: NA, prayers of the living

Radio broadcast stations: AM 1, FM 0, shortwave 0 (1998)

Radios: 0 (1997)

Television broadcast stations: 0 (1997)

Televisions: 1 (1997)

Internet Service Providers (ISPs): NA

Railways: 0 km

Highways: 1 (Highway to Hell)
total: 666 km
paved with good intentions: 666 km
unpaved: 0 km

Ports and harbors: none

Merchant marine: 1 ferryman

Airports: 0 (1999 est.)

Airports - with paved runways:
total: 0 (1999 est.)

Airports - with unpaved runways:
total: 0 (1999 est.)

Military branches: Pandemonia, Legions of Hell

Military expenditures - dollar figure: $NA

Military expenditures - percent of GDP: NA%

Military - note: defence is the responsibility of the unending screaming hordes of local demonic citizenry; under the protection of the Rule of Heaven and the artifice of the Gates of Hell, all that enter abandon all hope, forever trapped.

Disputes - international: Heaven, Humanity (state of War)

For the They Hunger For Nodes: An e2 Halloween Scary Story Quest!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.