CVD is short for many many things, as I can see from the softlinks at the bottom of this (now full) nodeshell. Something that people have completely missed, however, is Cardio-Vascular Disease, or, a disease of the heart and the bloodstream. Since the bloodstream is quite obviously most of the body, CVD is quite serious indeed.

There are quite a few types of CVD, including Myocardial Infarction (heart attack), Stroke, Hypertension (high blood pressure), Hypotenstion (low blood pressure) and Arteriosclerosis, most of which are killers. Nasty nasty. For each disease, the symptoms are different, so it's easy to pick up which one you have.

Thankfully, there is a way to prevent them all, and ways to cure most of them. Mostly, the problem is the diet. Fatty foods, oily foods and foods high in cholesterol clog your arteries, so you should limit your intake of those foods, although you do need some for your body to stay healthy. For high blood pressure, steer clear of stressful situations. Cures differ with the diseases, and may include bypass surgery or open-heart surgery.

In other words, be careful with your diet or die trying.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.