A nightclub in Cabo San Lucas, Baja, Mexico (on Guerrero Street with a second entrance in Plaza de los Mariachis, if you're looking for something to do) owned by Sammy Hagar. Popular with rockers and other celebrities who wish to get their debauch on whilst south of the border. It is housed in a rather phallic-looking lighthouse.

The club, full name: Cabo Wabo Cantina, was originally owned by all of the then-members of Van Halen and opened on the night of April 22, 1990. Sammy apparently bought the other members out when business started to slack off.

Also a brand of blue agave tequila "created" by Mr. Hagar to be served at his establishment. This reporter has not personally sampled it, but Cabo Wabo Tequila was ranked as one of the top three tequilas in the world by Bon Appetit magazine so it may be very good. It's packaged in distinctive, hand-blown glass bottles and is advertised primarily via posters featuring a nude female torso (nipples obscured by hands), a dripping lime 'twixt said breasts, and the phrase "take your best shot". So this may not be the tequila for those sensitive to extreme sexism in alcohol advertising.

One particular Internet retailer sells a bottle for $55.74 (quantity unknown...it looks like you can cradle a bottle in two hands), so it ain't cheap.

The Trey Anastasio song Cayman Review opens with the line "the Cabo Wabo is everywhere", so one must assume he's a fan.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.