The Ingredients The Process
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Mix together cake mix, eggs, and oil.
  3. Stir in chocolate chips or nuts.
  4. Shape cookies into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Leave about 2 inches between cookies.
  5. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
  6. Cool for a 2 minutes on cookie sheet.
  7. Remove and let cool completely on cooling rack.
  8. Arrange on serving tray and cover securely with plastic wrap.
The Reality

Ok. So that's the actual recipe -- here's the scoop. This is the hardest recipe to screw up. Of all time.

Honestly.

First of all, you can use anything as an additional ingredient: Candy corn, M&M's, jellybeans, or nothing at all. You can also mix in other spices -- I personally like to add a dose of cinammon and a spoonful or so of vanilla, plus 1/8 cup of butter (or thereabouts) if my health-conscious friends aren't looking. The recipe states that cookies should be allowed to cool for 10 minutes after removal from the cookie sheet; I say that's total crap. Cookies are designed to be eaten, furthermore, cookies are designed to be eaten while they're warm. It's not as if these cookies are the world's most elegant concoctions; here are are cookies that take longer to eat than they do to mix. Besides, it's a couple of eggs and a half-cup of oil -- since when do you not have a couple of eggs you could spare for quick cookies?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.