This romantic comedy from 1987 was directed by Steve Rash and written by Michael Swerdlick. The cast includes Patrick Dempsey as Ronald Miller, Amanda Peterson as Cindy Mancini, Courtney Gains as Kenneth Wurman, Seth Green as Chuckie Miller, Ami Dolenz as Fran, Tina Caspary as Barbara, Sharon Farrell as Mrs. Mancini, Darcy DeMoss as Patty, and more.

Ronald is making an investment in his senior year. He's hiring the prettiest cheerleader in school to be his girlfriend.

Ronald has never been cool. He has always been one of the rejects. He mows lawns to earn money for his hobbies, like astronomy. He also has a crush on a Cindy, whose family happens to be a client of Ronald's. After saving a thousand dollars to buy a telescope Ronald goes to the mall to make his purchase. While there he sees Cindy in distress and runs to the rescue, buying her a thousand dollar dress for her mom to replace the one she ruined. But for Cindy there is a price for Ronald's help. She has to date him and help him become cool. It works, but will all the coolness go to Ronald's head?

Good movie if you like romantic comedies where the geek gets the girl. Another quality 80s flick. It is a little cheesy at times, and stereotypes a lot of people, but still very enjoyable.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.