Yes

Emphatically, yes.

As two people grow to know each other, more and more completely, it may seem to people outside that the spark has died out of their relationship. That the "real love" has gone.

They don't talk nineteen to the dozen any more.

The breathless delight with which they used to greet each other seems to have disappeared.

They don't tell each other what they are feeling.

You might think that they simply don't communicate.

You'd be wrong.

They have long and detailed conversations, but you can't hear them

He knows that that tilt of her head means "I think you're wrong, but I'm not sure enough of my facts to say so"

She recognises the way he rubs the side of his nose when he's thinking "We can't really afford it, but I can see how much you want it, so I'm prepared to spend the money."

They both know what position means "I'm hurt", or "I'm tired", "I need a hug" or "I want you"

They can understand "I love you" in a hand lifted to touch a cheek

Where you hear silence, they hear a symphony

Watch them as they stand on separate sides of a room and both laugh at something that nobody else sees as funny and you'll know.

Real love doesn't only survive over time, it grows stronger, and deeper.

A tautological question. I always understood that the definition of real love was that it be able to survive over time.

When they lay on the couch, not speaking, not watching TV, not even moving. Just being quiet and close.

If they sigh for no reason, and the sigh is that of comfort and happiness.

As Demeter said, when it seems that the spark is gone, and their kisses are no longer the passionate sloppy kisses with tounges, but small, loving kisses. When the feeling of being together is better than sex. (which is not to say that the sex is bad)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.