I'm visiting a friend who's a resident of Canada this week and I'm utterly convinced that the nation of Canada is suffering from a severe case of inferiority complex. This is probably a result of being neighbor to the United States, they're kind of like the US's little big brother or something. Anyhow, they have this commercial up here for some Canadian beer where this guy is addressing all of these so-called misconceptions about being Canadian, such as "I do not live in an igloo, I do not eat blubber, the beaver is a proud and noble animal". This is a funny commercial, but the problem with these "misconceptions" is that they've never occured to me... I think this is because in America we really don't think about other cultures, therefore we don't bash them on a daily basis. But Canada proves its low self-esteem with it's America-bashing.

Personally, I don't know why Canada feels inferior. They have a legal drinking age of 19, which is vastly superior to that of the US.

Please don't downvote me, Canadians, I love your country, I really do. Plus, downvoting me will only serve to prove that your self-esteem needs a boost. :)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.