A place to take your automobile to get it cleaned, especially after some well-intentioned, but rude individual has written "Wash Me" with their finger on your rear window.

Also, a well known movie from the 70's.

Car washes are one of my favorite things in the whole wide world! I'm talking about the quarter-operated ones that you spray, not the drive through brushless ones, because there's nothing like the satisfaction of spraying your own car down with one of those high-pressure hoses that you need two hands to control. Some of them have timers now, but a lot of times you have no idea how much time you have left so you rush to get all the soap rinsed off before the spray reduces to a trickle and you have to put in four more quarters. It's like a game, or maybe I'm just easily amused.

But the best part of the car wash is sitting inside the car while someone else is washing it. I remember doing this as a kid, watching the water cascade down the windows and listening as the spray buffetted the car, and I still love it to this day. I wonder if I'm alone on this though, because my mother gave me the strangest look the other day when she told me she was going to wash her car and I get all excited and say, "Ooh, can I come?"

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.