Born in Texas and raised in Hollywood, wanted to become a writer and/or a cartoonist until she delivered a comedy line in an acting class at UCLA and heard the laughter. She left college with a dream of working with George Abbott. Her dream soon came to fruition; after making a big splash with performances of the song "I made a Fool of Myself over John Foster Dulles" on television's "The Jack Paar Show" and "The Ed Sullivan Show," she landed the role of Princess Winnifred in Once Upon a Mattress directed by... Mr. Abbott. Much followed: a regular spot on "The Garry Moore Show"; the Emmy Award-winning "The Carol Burnett Show," TV's longest-running (11 years) comedy-variety show; films such as Pete 'N' Tillie, The Four Seasons, Annie and A Wedding; award-winning TV specials with Julie Andrews, Lucille Ball, Zero Mostel, Robert Preston, Beverly Sills, Dolly Parton and Placido Domingo; Headlining in Vegas with friend Jim Nabors; her memoir, One More Time; more stage work - most recently Moon Over Buffalo on Broadway, for which she was nominated for a Tony Award; and her recurring role in on "Mad About You" for which she received her sixth Emmy Award. Carol has established scholarships at UCLA, Emerson, Pepperdine University Center for the Arts and the College of Santa Fe. The "ear-tug" has always been for her grandmother who raised her. Her greatest source of pride is her three daughters: Carrie Hamilton, Jody Hamilton, and Erin Hamilton.

Source: Playbill Magazine -- for Putting it Together

Answer to otap12's question: Yes, Carol tugged John Barrowman's ear and threw him to a wall!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.