Wrote a book about her descent into depression and drug dependency called Postcards From The Edge, which was subsequently turned into a movie directed by Mike Nichols and starring Meryl Streep and Shirley MacLaine.

She has been dependent on Percocet and similar drugs at various times in her life. However, because Fisher is very intelligent and well-spoken, she often gets away with being completely wasted in public. In the mid-90s she appeared on the Arsenio Hall show while, in her words, "completely stoned". It took her nearly 30 seconds, with Hall's help, to get from the stage entrance area, across the stage, to her seat beside his desk. However she remained lucid during the entire interview and if you had watched it without knowing that she was blotto, you wouldn't have thought twice about it.

Fisher is manic-depressive and has several rather well publicized encounters with near-insanity.

Carrie Fisher currently is one of Hollywood's most sought-after script doctors.

Editor's note: Carrie Fisher died December 27, 2016, aged 60. She died a few days after suffering a severe heart attack while on a transatlantic flight. She survived the flight as it was close to landing at LAX had been stabilized in an intensive care unit after initially being in critical condition, but evidently, it was not to be. May the force be with you, Carrie Fisher.

Born 1956, daughter of famous TV and movie actors Eddie Fischer and Debbie Reynolds. In 1983 she got married to and divorced from Paul Simon. She has had drug problems since the early eighties and was only recently diagnosed with the above mentioned mano-depression. Her breakthrough came as Princess Leia in George Lucas Star Wars trilogy. Oh, how we loved Princess Leia.

Brief filmography:

After this, she only landed small parts or television jobs as an actress. As sschris mentions she is working as a writer now. A quick search on IMDB shows that she's worked on the scripts for

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.