Cartoon Planet was indeed a spin-off of Space Ghost Coast to Coast. It premiered in late 1995 on TBS, in an weekday hourlong form. There were numerous comedic sketches and musical numbers, starring Space Ghost, Zorak, and Brak. They were also interspersed with older featurette cartoons, such as Popeye and Looney Tunes. In mid 1996, the show was moved to the Cartoon Network, and after a few months of the hourlong daily format, the show was given an overhaul. It lost the featurettes, since there was already an overabundance of featurette package shows on the channel at the time. The sketches that existed were repackaged into half hour episodes and new sketches were done as well.

In all, 354 sketches, themes, and songs were spread out over the 22 episodes that aired on Cartoon Network. They are as follows: (* denotes sketches with writeups. If there's any writeups on the list that aren't marked, /msg me.)

Even though the show had a decent enough dedicated following, was shifted around the weekly schedule of Cartoon Network (mostly in the after midnight hours) until fall of 1999, when it was phased out in favor of other projects (including Toonami and Cartoon Cartoons). Space Ghost and Zorak were still seen weekly on the talk show. Other than cameos, Brak was missing from TV until early 2001, when there was a a pair of pilot episodes of Brak presents The Brak Show starring Brak, a talk show in the same vein of SGC2C. Later in the year The Brak Show, a 50's-style sitcom parody, began airing.

Some of the most popular sketches of Cartoon Planet were also compiled into a couple of CD's released by Kid Rhino. The first release was an all musical CD, Modern Music for Swinging Superhroes released in early 1997, which sold out quickly. Most of the musical tracks from that CD were combined with comedy sketches to make up Space Ghost's Musical Bar-B-Que, which was released later that year. In 1998, Space Ghost's Surf & Turf was released, with more musical tracks and comedy sketches.

Space Ghost is the host, his enemies Zorak and Brak are held prisoner and forced to help him on the show.
Zorak is somewhat restrained to his Prison Pod, Brak on the other hand is just sorta stuck at a table..

Instead of having guests on this show they had a mailbag, a Monday Ratings Report, and sang songs.
Which they somehow manage to make totally hilarious.

Unfortunately Cartoon Planet is no longer on Cartoon Network, although Space Ghost Coast To Coast and Brak Presents The Brak Show Starring Brak are.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.