Preperation Time: Approximately 20 minutes
Cooking Time: Approximately 10 minutes

Serving size: About 4 people, each getting about a cup apeice.

Ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup chicken broth
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken
  • 1 large bell pepper
  • 1 medium onion
  • 1 can of sliced water chestnuts
  • 2/3 cup dry roasted cashews
  • 2 sliced green onions
Instructions:

  1. Drain the water chestnuts, and cut the chicken up. You're looking for strips about half an inch in length. (slightly more than bite sized) Dice the bell pepper and the onion.
  2. Mix the broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger, and pepper sauce in a bowl.
  3. Heat a wok, or a large skillet over high heat. Add one of the tablespoons of vegetable oil to the pan, making sure it coats the sides. Add the cut up chicken, and stir fry the stuff for about 5 minutes. It's done when all the pinkness is gone. Set that in another pan and put it in the oven on the lowest possible temperature to keep it warm while you finish the recipe.
  4. Add the other tablespoon of vegetable oil to the first pan. Again, make sure to coat the sucker. Add the bell pepper, the onion, and the water chestnuts in there, and stir fry them for about 2 minutes. When your kitchen smells really good, they're ready.
  5. Add the cornstarch mixture to the pan. Keep cooking, stirring until the mixture thickens. Then add in the chicken from the second pan, and the cashews.
  6. I would serve this over some gluttonous rice. About 3 cups should probably do you.
  7. Garnish with the chopped green onion.

Ingredients
Method
  1. Start your rice
  2. Cut the broccoli, cauliflower, and bell pepper into bite sized pieces.
  3. Dice the chicken.
  4. Mix cornstarch and 4 tbsp of water
  5. On high heat, warm your wok and pour in the canola oil, allow the oil to heat until it appears to be moving on its own
  6. Add the onions to the wok and stir until translucent.
  7. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant.
  8. Add broccoli and stir to coat with flavoured oil
  9. Add cauliflower and do the same as the previous step. Then add the green pepper and repeat again.
  10. Push the contents of the wok to the edge and brown the chicken in the middle of the wok
  11. Stir everything together, add oyster sauce, mix, and pour the remaining 2 tbsp of water around the edge of the wok. Cover and let cook until steam rises from the edge of the lid.
  12. Push contents to the edge of the wok again, gradually add cornstarch mixture until you have the desired quantity of sauce. When the liquid starts to bubble stir it around, then add the cashews and mix everything together
  13. Serve over rice
For advice on stir frying see Wok With Chan, Cooking Wisdom from Three Generations.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.