CeCe Peniston (1969) American club/dance artist

CeCe Peniston has been named Disco Diva for her hits that seem to attract many at dance clubs around the world. She was born September 6, 1969 in Dayton, Ohio. Her family moved to Phoenix, Arizona when she was nine.

Peniston was crowned Miss Black Arizona in 1989 and joined A&M Records in the early '90s. Her solo debut Finally reached gold status. It landed an international Top Ten hit with the title song Finally and the slighter less popular We Got a Love Thang.

As a world-wide record selling dance artist, CeCe Peniston was requested personally by Aretha Franklin (for Aretha's private birthday party in Detroit), Pope John Paul II, Bill and Hillary Clinton and the country of South Africa (historically the first female entertainer to visit and perform after the abolition of apartheid, even before Whitney Houston).

CeCe founded the charitable CeCe Peniston Youth Foundation in 1997. Recently, she toured successfully through the USA with Grace Jones, Peabo Bryson, Tasha Scott and Tony Terry.

CeCe Peniston discography (albums):

Her official website is at http://www.cecepeniston.com/

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.