display | more...

Chat"ter mark`.

(a) (Mach.)

One of the fine undulations or ripples which are formed on the surface of work by a cutting tool which chatters.

(b) (Geol.)

A short crack on a rock surface planed smooth by a glacier.


© Webster 1913

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.