Or: Culinary Adventures as they might be presented by High Times Magazine

There are often times when I sit up late at night with interesting people, smoking pot out of beautiful glass pipes and honey-scented rolling papers. Pot only makes the intelligent more intellectual, and regular people into hungry, giggling zombies. Culinary adventures are only to be expected. Duh. Baking is like science for hungry people! My companions and I often find ourselves craving sweets and other baked goods, and chocolate cake is a prime example. However, the brain high on marijuana is one that practically need instant gratification, while most cake recipes call for large amounts of ingredients and some amount of forethought. This was whipped up late one night, and is rather easy to make (even while tripping balls.)

You will need:

  • An empty coffee mug
  • Flour
  • Sugar
  • Cocoa Powder
  • A single Egg
  • Vegetable Oil
  • Milk
  • Vanilla Extract
  • A microwave
  • and, of course, a fork

In your coffee mug, combine 3 tablespoons each of flour and sugar, with 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Mix well (or at least as well as you can). When this looks to be more of a chocolate consistency than a delicious marble, add a quick splash of vanilla, then three tablespoons each of your milk and vegetable oil. Before you mix it again, crack a single egg into the mug. An egg white is too fluffy, while the yolk is too heavy - one egg does very well! If you're watching your cholesterol, well, go eat a bowl of cheerios, I hear that helps. Mix again, trying your best to leave no lumps.

This is where most people will advise you that microwave temperature vary, but I have a rather shitty microwave, and find that three minutes even will make for a done, and not burnt, cake. Be aware that the cake will rise over the lid of the mug while cooking - this is to be expected and will not leave any messes! Awesome, huh?

Seeing as this is a culinary experiment, feel free to take liberties and add things - we've added chocolate syrup with tasty results, made it gluten-free with hardly noticeable differences, and substituted almond extract for vanilla with disastrous ones; there are always more in the works! However, let me know if you do take any liberties with this recipe, particularly if you create one that's cholesterol free. You can contact me at sara (dot) rocks (at) gmail (dot) com.

Happy smoking, and happy eating!

edit: Lord Matthius says: ...Oh, and keep up the noding/baking! Golden syrup in mugcake is very good ;)
Lord Matthius says: Either that or stick a square or two of nice chocolate at the bottom of the mug as well ;)
mutewit says: Chocolate chips(bitter/white/milk) and craisins should go well too. I am planning to make some this weekend with craisins and milk choc chips. Will update you with results.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.