Ingredients?

The recipe for chocolate cherry slices makes forty slices if you cut them at around 3/4 centimetres each. If you would like more or less you can either adapt the recipe to make more or cut them thicker or thinner according to your taste. The following ingredients are the essentials for the recipe:

  • 125grams (or 8oz) of butter.
  • 125grams (or 8oz) of caster sugar (or you could use brown sugar, it all depends on your taste, and it can add more colour).
  • One beaten egg yolk.
  • 175grams (or 7oz) of plain flour (the flour can be brown, white or wholemeal - it all depends on how healthy you want to make the mixture. Remember: wholemeal will help add fibre to your diet!)
  • 25grams (or 1oz) of cocoa.
  • One tablespoon of milk (whole milk is best but semi-skimmed will do).
  • 100grams (or 4oz) of glace cherries.
  • Method?

    The method for making chocolate cherry slices is very simple; here is how to make them:

    1. Beat together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until you have a light, fluffy mixture. It should look quite pale in colour - unless you have used brown sugar.
    2. Add to the mixture the egg yolk and beat this in (if you feel the mixture is about to curdle you can add a spoonful of the flour).
    3. Sift the flour and cocoa into the mixture and stir well; then add in the milk and continue to stir into the mixture forms a soft, easy to handle dough.
    4. Turn the mixture onto a floured surface and push the cherries into the mixture so that they are evenly spaced out within the mixture.
    5. Roll the mixture into a long, sausage shaped roll and place in the fridge to chill for four hours.
    6. After it has been chilled it should be taken out and sliced into biscuits of around 3/4 of a centimetre in thickness. The biscuits should then be placed on a well greased baking tray and put into a preheated oven of Gas Mark 5; cooking for eight minutes or until golden brown.

    Taste?

    The thing that is on everyone's lips (excuse the pun there) when reading a recipe is: "What do they taste like at the end?"
    You are all thinking it, I can see it in your eyes you greedy noders, you. These chocolate cherry slices are somewhat of a usual taste (I know what you are thinking: she would say that). I would actually, it is one of my favourite recipes by far and producing it maybe a long task but it is a worthy task believe me.
    Let me think of some good words to describe the slices, no not nice that is rubbish...

    Soft?
    Fruity?
    Sweet?
    Chocolaty?

    As you bite into the slice there is that first bit of crunch of a biscuit and then the inside is soft and moist. These slices have a rich taste and an unmistakable texture once inside the mouth of the consumer.

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.