Oh and it's such a shame too; this entry had so much promise. But it can't have promise, oh no- not by a long shot. This was going to be a splendid article on something, but thanks to this invisible urge, I simply cannot devote more than a moment of my time to it.

It began simple enough, it did. I was to do a search for a band, Nine Inch Nails, perhaps? In any case... The 'N' key on the keyboard came loose, revealing the layer of dust and crumbs that had accumulated underneath it. Fair enough, I simply blow them out, one puff and it's back to procrastination.

In doing so, the crumbs and dust landed on my desk, where they were free to intermingle with their brethren of the wooden surface underneath the monitor. And so I, diligently and compulsively, set forth to clean that bit of dust too.

...

But then look at this, these cables, they're so terribly tangled - and there's dust on the vents for the computer case! Crud, Mittens has resumed her habit of chewing on cables, that explains the iffy sound...

...

Hm, from this angle the television looks dusty too, might as well since I already have the duster handy. It's getting warm, might as well turn on the fan - how does dust cake onto the fan blades? I'll clean those too... Oh hello Mittens! Is your litter box clean? Why yes, I'd be glad to check!

...

And the chain reaction of Spring Cleaning carried forth as so, culminating in my groundbreaking decision to finally give my car a good hand-wash. Then it occurred to me that I never had a chance to start my new piece on e2... a piece that for the life of me, I simply could not remember what it was to be about. But at least the keyboard was clean.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.