Author of "Silicon Snake Oil" and "The Cuckoo's Egg".

One of the most extraordinary and inspirational people I've ever met (on the evening of March 23rd, 2000, at the NASA Ames base, after a lecture on early computer crime). He has written another book, appropriately titled 'High-Tech Heretic', which I haven't read yet, but I've heard great things.

This guy is a real nut, a pure genius, and most definitely a show to see. Frizzy gray hair, glasses he fiddles with, the most energizing and enlightening speaker. He draws an audience, and easily hooks it on so many philosophical (technologically related) issues, that it's impossible not to appreciate him, and impossible to appreciate everything about him. I guess I could touch on a few of the topics he covered while he had me hooked for three hours, on a a mini lecture he extemporaneously conducted during the reception after the event. A crowd of a little less then 20 people (with different opinions, nodding heads and skeptical looks) was mesmerized by the ideas as they unfolded throughout that time period. There is definitely a je ne sais quoi about this wonderful man. An inspirational and overwhelming opinion that I have formed about this man has forced me to rant on, because I don't feel the other nodes just don't do him justice. It's just that he he just radiates with energy, and brilliance, and genius.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.