Some people have an inner child, I have an inner anarchist. For years I've been denying it but in the past few weeks I have begun to come to terms with my inner anarchist.

When I was young I never wanted to be one of the people who wore all black. Really. it seemed to institutionalized for my taste. I was such a deeply ingrained anarchist that I didn't want to participate in any of the anarchist traditions. In fact, I didn't want to be called an anarchist, because too many people were doing that and my youthful intuition told me that if there's a herd it must be going the wrong way. (Okay, there were only four real anarchists at my highschool but even that was too many ...) I needed a path that did not reek of institutionalism so I became an objectivist (I am so ashamed of this I could cry right now ...) little did I know that objectivists have a sense of institution that makes the nazi party look like a quaker meeting hall ... that's another story.

Fast-forward to today. I have found some black clothing and let lose my inner anarchist. I know now that's it's OK to be like the other anarchists I will not be lost in a sea of sameness ... (In fact, we need all the anarchists we can find if there's going to be any positive change!) I know that it is a commitment to a kind of hopeless idealism, but at least I'm charged with a new quest. To help other people to discover their inner anarchists and through that to loosen the binds that makes so many people so miserable every day.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.