The conversation:flirtation ratio for a date is something sometimes kept track of by geeks. It is the ratio of non-romantic, non-flirtatious smalltalk to flirtatious conversation and behavior.

A low conversation:flirtation ratio is considered good by most geeks, provided that the total amount of communication (conversation + flirtation) is reasonably high. This is because a low conversation:flirtation ratio tends to imply that the geek's date is romantically interested in said geek.

Meanwhile, whether a high conversation:flirtation ratio is considered good or bad depends on the particular geek. Conversation is good, just as flirtation is.

In many geeks' opinions, the ideal conversation:flirtation ratio is shifted in the favor of flirtation while still having a reasonable quantity of conversation, with the sum of both quantities being high relative to the length of the date. For example, for a simple one hour date (it's a round number) a conversation:flirtation ratio of 1:2 might be good if the quantity (conversation + flirtation) is itself within an acceptable range.

In short: Flirtation good. Conversation good. Communication good. Balance good. Continuous blabbing bad. Too much conversation and too little flirtation bad. Too much flritation and too little conversation bad.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.