Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom
« Acknowledgments | Table of Contents
About the Author

Cory Doctorow is Outreach Coordinator for the Electronic Frontier Foundation, www.eff.org, and maintains a personal site at www.craphound.com. He is the co-editor of the popular weblog Boing Boing at www.boingboing.net, with more than 250,000 visitors a month. He won the John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer at the 2000 Hugo Awards. Born and raised in Toronto, he now lives in San Francisco. He enjoys using Google to look up interesting facts about long walks on the beach.

Cory Doctorow is a Canadian science fiction author and Internet celebrity who currently resides in London. Doctorow has gained fame in the online world by working with groups such as the Electronic Frontier Foundation and the UK Open Rights Group and by releasing his literary works simultaneously free-of-charge online and in low-cost print form.

Doctorow's novels, short stories, and essays have been nominated for several prestigious awards, such as the Hugo and Nebula Awards, and have won the Prometheus Award and the Indienet Award. Besides making it easy for people to access his books free of charge, Doctorow contends that releasing his works online has actually increased print sales of his books, proving that a pairing free, online releases and print runs can be economically viable.

At the time of writing, Doctorow's latest book is Makers (October 2009), which deals with the issues of innovation during times of economic collapse. His next two projects are entitled With a Little Help and For the Win, scheduled to be released in February and May 2010, respectively.

Body of Published Works (updated Nov. 2009):

Cory Doctorow's web presence is located at http://craphound.com.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.