Atari 2600 Game
Produced by:Activision
Model Number:AG038
Rarity:5 Rare
Year of Release: 1984

Imagine an outer space version of Crazy Taxi! Now make it 2-D because the Atari can't handle 3-D. Thats what this game is like. Well, it is sort of like that, Crazy Taxi is very fun and addicting, and well, I can't really say that about this game.

Fly your spaceship around and pick up passengers, (avoid the bad guys of course). The basic strategy to rack up a good score is to simply fly fast, pick up everyone that you see, and avoid the meteors. From the instruction manual:

OVERHEARD AT THE UNION HALL
Tips for Trainees
Jou Muldooner, Local 472, said, "The best way to stay on schedule is to fly close to the surface. You'll lose time if you fly all over the place, trying to shoot everything."
Maude Spinetti, Local 12, added, "I aim to get all eight commuters. That's when those bonus fares really pour in."
Amron Smert, dispatcher, said, "Learn to use the Scanner to choose direction. Remember that it represents an orbit, not a straight line. So sometimes the quickest way to either end of the display is to fly in what appears to be the opposite direction."

John Van Ryzin is the programmer on this title.

This game is valued at around $20 USD. Games with boxes and manuals are worth more, but you already knew that, didn't you?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.