"Cracklin' Oat Flakes" is a spoof commercial that first aired on Saturday Night Live on November 11, 2000. You really would have to see the actual commercial for you to laugh until you cry, but the lyrics were pretty hard to follow over all of the "freaking out", loud music, and strobe lights, so, here you go.

Skit Commercial: "Cracklin Oat Flakes"
Aired on Show: "Saturday Night Live"
Original Air Date: November 11, 2000
Starring: Will Ferrel as the Cereal Lover, Ana Gasteyer as the wife, and Chris Parnell as the boss.


(Open on sun rising. The Cereal Lover gets out of bed, takes a shower, and gets dressed.)

Jingle: Waking up, starting fresh.
Feeling your best is the only way!

(Cereal Lover enters kitchen.)

Cereal Lover: Good morning, dear.

Wife: Good morning.

(Cereal Lover walks to table and sits down. Picks up a box labeled "Cracklin' Oat Flakes". He shakes the box over an empty bowl. To his disappointment, the box is empty.)

Cereal Lover: Honey? We're all out of Cracklin' Oat flakes.

Wife: How about new Cracklin' Oat Flakes? Now with Ecstasy.

Cerial Lover: Ooooh!

(Cereal Lover pours a bowl and begins to eat. Psychedelic music begins to play and strobe lights flash. Cereal Lover is "transported" to a ecstacy fantasy world where he participates in many odd acts, such as attempting to, um, lick his boss and be in bed with his wife and a snake. He is amazed by a Glo-Stick.)

Rave Jingle: Can you feel my tongue?
It's inside you.
Take me home.
And your mind will be raving.
I also contain 16 essential vitamins.

Announcer: Cracklin' Oat Flakes: Pounding at your heart with the fist of God.

Voiceover: Warning: Cracklin' Oat Flakes may cause damage to your spinal fluid.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.