A damn splendid thing to say to your boss when you have failed to do any work at all or just blurt it out in the middle of the conversation for no reason at all.

jill: Hey renster, nice weather we've been having.
renster: Yes, yes it is.
jill: So did you see that show about siberian titwillows on ABC last night?
renster: No i didn't jill, I was too busy driving large skewers through my eyesocket into my brain
jill: Oh, that's no good renster. You should see a doctor about that.
renster: Fuck you shit me jill. And your breath smells like a bucket of prawns that have been left out in the sun for a week.
jill: Gee renster I never knew you felt that way about me ... and I even backed you some choc chip cookies as well.
renster: SHUT UP JILL YOU BLOATED CASSOWARY'S PENIS! YOU MAKE ME SICK!
jill: Did you like the cookies?
renster: >peers< crazy like a fox.
jill: What?
renster: I didn't say anything.
jill: yes you did.
renster: No i didn't
jill: yes you said crazy like a fox.
renster: Did I?
jill: Yes.. it was very sexy. moves closer

Of course you could always use it to make the point that you are indeed crazy like a fox. In which case you would be pointing out how you are not cunning like a fox but instead that you have done something stupid and brainless and wish to make a joke of yourself and have others laugh at you. But who am I to tell you what to do?

Crazy like a fox is an expression meaning something that seems crazy but is in fact deviously clever.

It was a lot more popular in the 1950s than it is today - you'll most often find the expression these days in tired business analysis articles about companies whose latest business strategy seems untenable but has some generally overlooked benefit. Yawn. Waste of a wonderful expression. Therefore, I wholeheartedly endorse young renster's attempt above to subvert it in to some sort of surreal catchphrase. Better that than death by overuse in the financial post, god knows.

American comedy/Detective show featuring veteran character actor Jack Warden as the rough and unpredictable private detective Harrison Fox Sr. who solved crime with the reluctant help of his son, respected San Francisco attorney Harry Fox Jr. portrayed by John Rubenstein.

This was one of those typical Buddy cop shows of the eighties, with just a little role reversal thrown in for fun. Harry Senior was a little crazy and more often than not got his son in trouble, jeopardizing his reputation as an upstanding member of the community. In the end they always pulled a solution out of the nether regions and they each learned a lesson about tolerance and understanding that seemed to cross the generational boundaries.

Think Hardcastle and McCormick, but backwards. The show had 35 episodes and ran from 1984-1986. It was followed by a TV reunion movie "Still Crazy Like a Fox" in 1987

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.