Cry of the Vatos is one of the strangest pieces ever performed by Danny Elfman and Oingo Boingo --and that's sayin' sumphin cuz they played some pretty crazy stuff. To me it sounds just as neato backwards as it does forwards. Forward it sounds like garbage to the unenlightened but when played backwards, it says the following.

(He screams this like he was a televangelist. It's really quite funny. I think Elfman was trying to make a point, here. See backmasking.)

First part goes something like this:

Just once or twice is good for your soul,
Praise God! Brothers and sisters!
Accept Jesus into your heart and you will saved!
You will receive everlasting life.
Listen to me, I've sinned, I know.


Then there's some space and here comes the second part:

Praise Jesus and you will be saved, saved, saved...
Praise God, you are healed, healed, healed...

I've heard this personally. I'm not making this crap up. One way you can hear this is to go to Napster or some place, or otherwise a copy of Cry of the Vatos by Oingo Boingo in mp3 format, feed it through winamp or something like it, and have the program turn the mp3 into a wavefile. Then listen to the wave in Sound Recorder or some program that can reverse the song and play it backwards on your computer. Believe me, if you're an Oingo Boingo fan or even if you're not, it's worth the effort. Then you can start doing this to everything. Rolling Stones. Pink Floyd. Matthew Sweet. Joan Baez. ...It's really quite addictive.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.