Now how is it that anyone can forget such a happening as a band called Cycle Sluts From Hell, especially when one of the members of this all female band was named Venus Penis Crusher.

Existing for one self-titled album, released in 1991, the concept of a band of four women with titilating names playing some form of heavy metal seemed like a good idea. So good that there was much debate over whether the women in question were actually responsible for the music on the album or if they were just a front in some heavy metal version of Milli Vanilli. Depending on the perspective they were supposed to either be campy and fun or seriously edgy fem-rock. Perhaps no one will ever know. With a cast involving Queen Vixen, Honey 1%er (yes, there is a percent sign in the middle of her name) and She-Fire of Ice you can never really be sure. Some say that members of the thrash metal band Overkill contributed to the songwriting, music and very existence of this band. They have also drawn comparisons to The Runaways who were more successful in that they were regarded a marketing ploy that eventually launched the careers of Joan Jett and Lita Ford.

The spotlight of attention would find the band after they disbanded. Beavis and Butthead would stumble upon the video for the Cycle Sluts From Hell's song I Wish You Were a Beer. This brought them more attention and notoriety than they ever got from limited airplay and video appearance on MTV's Headbanger's Ball. Later, Rob Zombie would express an appreciation for the Cycle Sluts' impact on his mindset and vision.

Tracks on their self-titled album:
Conqueress
By the Balls
Queen High Love
Dark Ships
I Wish You Were a Beer
Soultaker
E.R.K.S.
Speed Queen
Taste the Flesh
Badass Mama
Bloodlust

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.