Real name Chris Jeffs aka Kinesthesia, cylob is the geek that rocks the beats.

He's buds with aphex twin, and has been releasing music for a while. He started out with a lot of noiserhythms, but now has moved to more melodic music, with plenty of oldskool influences. Unfortunately, there was a rumour of him not playing live any more, but you know he's still writing.

A lot of his music is on the experimental side of things, and a few of his tracks feature rapping computers... mhm. He's remixed and collaborated with a lot of the rephlex pals, including squarepusher and afx.

Here's his discography:

CAT075EP/CD
Cylob - living in the 1980's b/w sex machine**

CAT076EP/CD
Cylob - Lobster Tracks

CAT 074 EP/CD
Rewind!**        (this is the computer rap trak)

CYLOB1EP/CD
Cylob - Are We Not Men Who Live And Die**

CAT055CD
Cylob - Previously Unavailable on CD

CAT049EP/CD
Cylob - Cylob's Latest Effort

CAT044EP/CD
Cylob - Diof 97 EP**

CAT033LP/CD
Cylob - Cylobian Sunset**       (just buy it!)

CAT032LP
Cylob - Loops and Breaks

CAT022LP/CD
Kinesthesia - Empathy Box

CAT022EP
Kinesthesia - Empathy Box Remix EP

CAT015EP
Cylob - Industrial Folk Songs

CAT014EP
Kinesthesia - Volume Two

CAT011EP
kinesthesia - volume one

and if I may... ** denotes 65535 recommends

According to himself, Chris Jeffs got the name "Cylob" from an old top secret government project. He found it in a second hand 1978 book by an Alan Furlong. It was about experiments in "cybernetic lobotomy", replacing parts of the lower levels of the brain with electronic devices.

I am not sure as to whether this is fact or fiction, considering the level of sophistication of 1978.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.