Some might know him as the “Taco Bell guy” because of the short series of four ads he did for that company, but Daniel Tosh’s occasional acting parts are secondary to his real passion, stand-up comedy. Born in Germany and raised in Florida as the son of a preacher, he has become one of the most popular and successful college acts in the United States, performing at over one hundred campuses a year.


“I’m not very good with people, either. Even when I was little, my imaginary friend would play with the kid across the street. Yeah, and I’d be like ‘Hey, I guess we’ll meet up later,’ and he’d go ‘… whatever, queer.’ Now that’s not nice at all.”


Daniel got his start while still in Florida hosting a late night talk show, Tens, where he interviewed and mocked various South Beach models. He left hoping that it would bring bigger and better things, and it did. Daniel first appeared on The Late Show with David Letterman on August 24, 2001, and then again four nights later. On December 16, 2002, he taped his first stand-up special, Comedy Central Presents Daniel Tosh. Other appearances include NBC’s Late Friday, Jimmy Kimmel Live, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, and twice more (for a total of four times) on The Late Show.


“I even took my girlfriend last week to Paris. The whole time, she’s like ‘This looks a lot like Birmingham, Alabama.’ And I’m like ‘Shut up, Britney Spears!’ And she’s like ‘Quit calling me Britney Spears!’ And I’m like ‘No one talks to The Rock like that, bitch!’” *whacking noise* “Yeah. Which is really funny, because I don’t have a girlfriend. That was just some lady on the bus. She did not smell what I was cooking.”


When not performing comedy, Tosh makes his home on the Los Angeles beach, where he enjoys surfing and snowboarding, and continues to pursue interests in acting, hosting, and writing.

Sources:
http://www.danieltosh.com
http://www.bobandtom.com
Quotes from
Comedy Central Presents Daniel Tosh

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.