In the Star Wars Universe the half of the Force that feeds on evil greed and all things that are generally bad. Servants of the Dark Side include Darth Vader the Emporer and anyone of the Force that works for the Empire or has a name that starts with Darth (like Darth Maul and Darth Sidious)

An excellent drink a friend of mine created. It consists of:

1 shot Barq's Olde Tyme Root Beer
1 shot Butterscotch schnapps (e.g. DeKuyper's Buttershots )
1 shot Bacardi 151

mixed thusly:

Pour the shot of 151 into a fairly tall glass, cool-looking if possible (the effect is much better if you do this with a nice glass rather than, say, a paper cup). Pour in the Barq's, then add the schnapps. Now here's the trick: you should always pour this drink for someone else. Have them kneel before you solemnly. Then, in a voice as James-Earl-Jonesian as you can muster, utter this phrase:

"This will show you the true nature of the force".

and hand them the drink. This is a shooter, and one hell of a shooter it is! 1 shot 151 and 1 shot Buttershots equals roughly 2.5 shots of run-of-the-mill, 80-proof alcohol. This drink is not for the faint of heart, or of stomach, and only for true fans of the holy trilogy. The idea is that the Buttershots is the sweet, tempting nature of the dark side. Next comes the bite of the Barq's to represent power. Then, in the words of the drink's creator, the 151 reaches out and grabs your ass, just like Vader choking that smarmy git during the Imperial conference in episode IV.

"Anger, Fear, Aggression, the Dark Side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight."
- Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back
Easier, more seductive, but not more powerful than the Light Side of the Force. Luke Skywalker almost gives into the Dark Side once or twice, especially during the final confrontation before the Emperor. It gives him a quick boost of strength that allows him to overpower Darth Vader, but he gets himself under control before destroying him.

The Dark Side exists in the Star Wars universe. It is based on the Force. The Force is what connects every living thing together. Basically, if one can use the force, they can manipulate objects (raising a rock), or even change peoples thoughts (convince them to give you a concert ticket for free). The Force is split into two sides, the Light Side and the Dark Side. The Dark Side is (as it sounds) the evil side. Although it promises quickly gained power, it also promises corruption, sometimes even leading to physical disfigurement. The Jedi most often use the Light Side to combat those who use the Dark Side.



Notable uses of the Dark Side:

Darth Vader (A.K.A. Anakin Skywalker): He is debatably the coolest villain ever. Maybe it's his cool calm manner, his overwhelming sense of authority, or just his awesome suit, but no one can honestly say that they weren't intimidated the first time they saw him.

The Emporer: Although he was technically Vader's superior, and was evil himself, he just never seemed as powerful as Vader, even though I would love to be able to shoot blue lightning from my fingers whenever I want.

Luke Skywalker: Yes, even the main hero of Star Wars turned to the Dark Side at one time. Fortunately, he was able to turn back to the Light Side, no small task for one of his power (the addiction grows for those strongest in the Force).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.