Data Age was one of the many companies that produced game for the Atari 2600 video game console back in the early 1980s. They started off fairly well, but they soon found themselves in trouble. You see, they licensed the band "Journey" so they could create a game based on them, which was called Journey Escape, but the game sold horribly, and Data Age did not make enough money to recoup the licensing fees. This title later went to the arcades under the title "Journey", where it didn't do much better.

Their 1983 3½ minute promo record and catalog combination is one of the stranger Atari collectables out there, and is rather valuable today.

Data Age Games
  • Airlock - This title puts you in a nuclear submarine that is trapped on the ocean floor. To make things worse it appears that you are not alone down there.

  • Bermuda Triangle - Collect artifacts from the lost city of Atlantis in this underwater adventure game.

  • Bugs - Blast bugs with ultrasonic weapons in this paddle controller game. All the bugs look like centipedes to me, but their is already a game called Centipede, so I guess they just had to call it "Bugs" instead.

  • Encounter at L5 - Defend the l-5 colonists from the evil "Megalytes" using antimatter particles as ammunition.

  • Frankenstein's Monster - In this game you must gather stones from a dungeon in an attempt to build a wall around the monster before he comes to life!

  • Journey Escape - Guide the band Journey past groupies and promoters who try to steal their hard earned cash.

  • Mr. Bill's Neighborhood - This title appeared in their 1983 catalog, but was never released.

  • Mr. T - This title appeared in their 1983 catalog, but was never released. Which is a real shame, because there should have been a Mr. T video game.

  • Secret Agent - This title appeared in their 1983 catalog, but was never released. This was a paddle game that was similar to Kaboom!. Several prototype copies of this game have emerged over the years.

  • Smokey the Bear - Only you can help prevent forest fires in this "educational" game for young children. This title appeared in their 1983 catalog, but was never released.

  • Sssnake - This was a truly horrible game, which had the player cast as a "big game hunter" trying to survive inside an Amazon fortress. Don't waste your time on this one.

  • Warplock - This title was a rather unoriginal space shooter similar to the Galaga/Galaxian series. It used the paddle controller instead of a joystick, which did provide for finer control, but the graphics were terrible.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.