Dave Coulier is a comedic actor best known for his portrayal of Joey on TV's "Full House." I haven't personally heard from him since the hilariously unfunny America's Funniest People, which spawned the "Jackalope" and was one of the more successful spin-offs of America's Funniest Home Videos (which was coincidently hosted by another Full House castmember, Bob Saget.) Other work includes the Nickelodeon show "Out of Control," a children's comedy newscast show mingled with some sketch comedy, which aired in the early to mid-eighties, as well as various stand-up comedy routines.

Dave can be thought of as a poor man's Jeff Daniels with ADD. He seems to have not refined his repertoire since Out of Control, where he appears to have debuted his personal catch-phrase, "Cut it out," which is accompanied by three hand motions: a scissors motion followed by a pointing motion followed by a baseball umpire's "you're out" motion.

Another interesting note mentioned to me by stewacide: Dave dated Alanis Morissette for a time, and it is widely believed that many of her songs about ex-lovers are about him. The rumor goes that, since he's considerably older than her, their relationship ended because he wanted to start a family and she didn't. Judging from her music alone, I would guess that Alanis is probably a pretty vindictive and spiteful person, and I imagine that this kind of attitude wouldn't jive well with the happy/goofy/friendly persona that Dave tends to espouse.

Dave Coulier (pronounced Dave Koo-lee-a) is probably best known for being involved with America's Funniest People and Full House. But that is most people. As a young lad I distinctly remember watching Out Of Control on Nickelodeon. This was, in my estimation, the golden era of Nickelodeon. Out Of Control was a decent show, but Dave Coulier made this show. His antics are perfect for a children show. The "Cut! It! Out!" catch phrase, described in that other writeup, was often employed here. He was also the voice of Ha-Ha, a computer that would produce jokes on a ticker tape. I loved the "Cut! It! Out!" thing still repeat it too this day. (it was me doing this in the catbox that prompted ApoxyButt's and my own writeups.)

While his acting character hasn't changed since the days of Out Of Control (he is basically the same person on Full House and America's Funniest People) he has branched out a little doing voices in cartoons. On Muppet Babies he was the voice of Animal, Bunsen, and some less frequent characters. On The Real Ghostbusters he was the voice of Peter Venkman (after the first season). Earlier in his career he did "additional voices" on both The Jetsons and Scooby And Scrappy Doo.

He has made guest appearances on numerous shows and been involved with some other less known projects.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.