Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich is the name of a rock band from Wiltshire, England.


History:

In 1961 David Harman, Trevor Davies, John Dymond, Michael Wilson and Ian Amey formed the band Dave Dee and the Bostons. After some initial success the members quit their day jobs to focus on music. During this period the band played mostly in Britain and occasionally in Germany.

In 1964 the group teamed with British songwriters Alan Blaikley and Ken Howard. Armed with Blaikley and Howard's lyrics the band secured a recording contract with Fontana Records and changed their name to Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich, a combination of their nicknames.

In 1965 the band began experiencing modest success in the UK, releasing three singles and breaking into the UK charts with "You Make It Move/I Can't Stop" reaching number 26.

The band continued to have success in Britain, spending more time on the UK Singles Chart than the Beatles from 1965-1969. The group's success, however, failed to catch on in the United States.

Dave Dee left the band in 1969 to perform solo. The remaining members continued releasing records under the name Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich until they disbanded in 1972. The band reformed in the 1980's again without Dave Dee, although he appeared on the single "Staying with It" released in 1983.

Today the band tours with it's original line-up. The official website has a list of upcoming concerts.


Charting Singles:

All chart numbers are from the UK Singles Chart

Original Line-up:

"You Make It Move"/"I Can't Stop" (1965) - Number 26
"Hold Tight!"/"You Know What I Want" (1966) - Number 4
"Hideaway"/"Here's A Heart" (1966) - Number 10
"Bend It"/"She's So Good" (1966) - Number 2
"Save Me"/"Shame" (1966) - Number 4
"Touch Me Touch Me"/"Marina" (1967) - Number 13
"Okay!"/"He's A Raver" (1967) - Number 4
"Zabadak!"/"The Sun Goes Down" (1967) - Number 3
"The Legend of Xanadu"/"Please" (1968) - Number 1
"Last Night In Soho"/"Mrs Thursday" (1968) - Number 8
"Wreck Of The Antoinette"/"Still Life" (1968) - Number 14
"Don Juan"/"Margareta Lidman" (1969) - Number 23
"Snake In The Grass"/"Bora Bora" (1969) - Number 23

As Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich:

"Mr President"/"Frisco Annie" (1970) - Number 33


Members:

Dave Dee - David Harman, Lead Vocalist
Dozy - Trevor Leonard, Bassist
Beaky - John Dymond, Guitarist
Mick - Michael Wilson, Drummer
Tich - Ian Frederick Stephen Amey, Lead Guitarist


Trivia:

The single "Bend It" was initially banned in the USA due to it's lyrical double entendre.

The song "Hold Tight" is featured in the Quentin Tarantino film "Death Proof". When one of the characters (Jungle Julia played by Sydney Tamiia Poitier) refers to the band she calls them "Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mitch and Tich.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.