A really nice man, owner of some quality domain names, pointing to some very fine and highly informative sites on drugs, neurochemistry, copyright laws, and other issues pertaining to modern life and happiness:

WWW.COCAINE.ORG, WWW.ANTICOPYRIGHT.COM, WWW.HEDWEB.COM, WWW.ANTIDEPRESSANTS.COM, and WWW.WIREHEADING.COM, amongst others.

I have noded some of what I consider to be a few of his finest writings (when is it best to take crack cocaine?, cocaine, crack, the good drug guide amongst others), with both his written permission and encouragement - a sign of a diamond geezer if ever there was one. I've never met him, so I don't know anything more about him than from his pages and a couple of emails, but he's clearly an asset to our generation. Please check out his pages and give him your support if you think he deserves it.

I'm not noding these for XP, and I'm not trying to claim credit where it isn't due. All these nodes have their source clearly marked, and I wanted to node them in the true spirit of E2 - as an information resource for the future, a way to preserve what I think are some superb pieces of research, writing and generally sensible thinking.

Biographically, David Pearce can be classified as a thinker and a political leader.

There is little background information available on David Pearce. In particular, his date of birth is unknown to the public, though from the dates of his actions, it can be inferred that he was most likely born in the mid 1970s. It is only known that he went to Oxford university (west of London), supposedly in the Brasenose College division specificly, and as of 2005, he lives in Brighton (south of London).

David Pearce's accomplishments:
David Pearce was the co-founder (with Nick Bostrom) of the World Transhumanist Association (often abbreviated as WTA), at Oxford University in 1998. As of 2005, the World Transhumanist Association has about 3000 members worldwide, with about half in the United States, and large numbers in other english-speaking countries. A transhumanist is a person that supports transhumanism, the ideal of modifying the genome of human zygotes (either some of them or all of them) so as to increase human ability, versatility, resilience, and efficiency of living. Other methods that serve the same purpose, most notably cybernetics, are also considered. Transhumanism was not originally David Pearce's or Nick Bostrom's idea, nor were they the first to popularize it. Transhumanism was originally popularized by Max More, the founder of the extropy institute (founded in 1988), though David Pearce and Nick Bostrom were the first people to create a political organization specificly for the purpose of supporting transhumanism.

David Pearce owns literally hundreds of domain names, all of which link to each other, for the purpose of having them listed at the top of search engine results. Those websites largely consist of published research papers from laboratories all over the world, and descriptions of, and arguments for, David Pearce's ideals.

David Pearce's main ideal is that of bioengineered hedonism and negative hedonism (abolition of suffering) for all conscious beings, which is described in his main online publication 'The Hedonistic Imperative', which was first published on the internet in 1996. He has specificly emphasized hedonism that is based upon the sensation that is produced by the illegal drug MDMA. That has earned David Pearce his place as a pivotal character in the history of sensation-centric ideals. David Pearce himself is conscious of that history, as is evident from the information on utilitarian hedonism on his websites.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.